How to Differentiate with ABCD Principles by Mark Sanborn
Mark Sanborn has dedicated his life to developing leaders in business and life for over 30 years. He’s worked with over 2,600 companies across the globe from FedEx, HP, RE/MAX to St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital, and has authored 8 books having sold over 2 million copies worldwide.
Here are the highlights from Mark’s Ask an Expert interview:
- The extraordinary ABCD example given from Mark’s postman Fred and how he approached his simple daily job.
- How we as individuals can start incorporating realistic extraordinary routines to create a lifetime that is extraordinary
- Lessons learned from surfers who don’t make waves, rather they interact with those waves to achieve the outcomes they desire.
- Survey results of over 1,000 leaders in today’s volatile climate.
- Why it’s more important to focus on the humanness of business vs. the transactions.
- The importance of leadership to have the right questions vs. having the actual answers.
- How to avoid settling by ensuring that we include our ability to meet our potential as a KPI.
- Companies succeeding the most right now are those that understand how each of their colleagues understands work in relation to one another. This provides better chances for individuals to step up when times are tough and lays the foundation of empathy and understanding.
- Finally, what are the two most important questions we need to be asking ourselves right now.
Go Back to Ask An Expert Series' Home
“No matter when and where you speak, people want to be entertained, by ‘entertained’ I don’t necessarily mean ‘amused’ — they want to be engaged, they want to be interested; and the way you present your message is as important as the message you present. A good message not well-delivered won’t be heard.” Mark Sanborn